Ferry Mingelen moderates debate with youth branches of political parties
Friday the 26th of March political reporter Ferry Mingelen moderates a debate with chairpersons of the youth branches of political parties. They will debate the sense and nonsense of Dutch human rights policy.
Minister Verhagen introduced an ambitious human rights policy when he took office in February 2007, but has his policy been effective?
Issues as the relationship between human rights and politics, the balance of human rights and economic interests, and how well the Netherlands actually preserves human rights will be addressed. The debate uses a springboard of statements and film clips to spark discussion. Music, naturally, is also included.
- Diederik ten Cate, president of DWARS, youth party GroenLinks
- IJmert Muilwijk, president of Perspectief, youth party ChristenUnie
- Jelle Menges, vice president of Jonge Socialisten, youth party PvdA
- Jeroen van Velzen, president of CDJA, youth party CDA
- Marc Smits, president of ROOD, youth party SP
- Thomas Bakker, president of Jonge Democraten, youth party D66
- Martijn Jonk, president of JOVD, youth party VVD
Friday 26 March, 16.30 hrs, Theater aan het Spui foyer
FREE OF CHARGE