Privacy statement and cookies
Movies that Matter protects your personal information and adheres to the information privacy law.
Which personal information do we store?
Movies that Matter stores the following information on its database: fore- and surname, address, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address, and photos of our festival accreditation.
Why do we store this personal information?
Movies that Matter processes the above mentioned personal information for the following purposes:
• The realization of our services (e.g. the use of contact information to get in contact with you);
• The improvement of our services (e.g. audience research, and analysis on the use of our website);
• To provide you with information (per e-mail or post) about our program (films, festivals, special events)
You can subscribe for multiple newsletters from Movies that Matter. If you wish to cancel (one of) them, you can unsubscribe through a link at the bottom of every e-mail or click on the links below:
* Unsubscribe for the International Newsletter (in English).
* Unsubscribe for the general newsletter (in Dutch).
* Unsubscribe for the Educational newsletter (in Dutch).
Filmhuis Den Haag holds the festival cash register for the Movies that Matter Festival and manages the system behind the online ticket shop. Filmhuis Den Haag receives your information if you buy a ticket for our festival. The user account you create to buy tickets for the Movies that Matter Festival, can also be used to buy tickets at Filmhuis Den Haag and visa versa. For more information about the privacy statement of Filmhuis Den Haag visit www.filmhuisdenhaag.nl.
Movies that Matter does not register any information of Cineville members. The Cinevillepas is scanned at the cash register of Filmhuis Den Haag with every visit, and saved in Cineville’s database. Check Cineville’s privacy statement for more information at www.cineville.nl.
We do our very best to make sure the information of our visitors are secure. Only employees whose function entails the use and access of this information are provided access to the system that hold the personal information. The systems are provided with access codes and security systems. We make use of a secured (SSL-) connection to provide information and process changes.
See, change or delete information
You have the right to see, change or delete personal information:
1. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter through the links above or the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
2. It is also possible to ask us which personal information we have from you and to change or delete this information. This is done by sending us an e-mail via email@example.com. We try to respond as fast as possible, at the latest 6 weeks after your request.
If you think that we do not cohere to the information privacy law, we would like to hear from you. It is also possible to form a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Which cookies does Movies that Matter use?
Movies that Matter uses functional and analytic cookies. Functional cookies are necessary for the website to function (e.g. displaying film trailers). In order to continuously improve our website, analytic cookies are used to study how the website is being used. (e.g. traffic to and on the website). We do this with Google Analytics and because of this, store software cookies. All information collected through these cookies are being stored as anonymous statistics.
Social media cookies
With Extreme Tracking we collect public IP-addresses. This data is used to rapport to our financial supporters. The data is deleted after analysis.
How can I unsubscribe for cookies?
You can unsubscribe for cookies by adjusting your internet browser in a way that it doesn’t save cookies. You can also delete all information that was saved in the past through the settings of your browser. If you use multiple computers, you need to repeat this process for each computer.